BIKE RENTAL HIRT
As of 01.02.2020
Bike Rental Hirt Summer 2020
The services are offered by Sporthaus Ski-Hirt GmbH & Co. KG (hereinafter Renting Company), which owns the rental objects. The rental conditions provide an integral part of the rental contract. With his signature or payment, the customer agrees to have read and accept the rental conditions without reserve. The conditions apply to our Online Shop, group reservations and also when renting from the rental stations at the resort:
1. Minimum age of customer
1.1. Children and teenagers under the age of 16 have to be accompanied by an adult. MTB and all-terrain bikes may be rented to children and teenagers under 16 years, who are not accompanied by an adult, only upon presentation of the written consent from the parents or legal guardian.
1.2. Generally only persons aged more than 16 years are permitted to ride our e-bikes.
2. Transfer of the rental objects
2.1. The customer receives the rental object in a clean condition and is safe for operation. Complaints on the part of the customer have to be made at the time of receipt and before use of the rental object.
2.2. The customer shall use the rental object in a roadworthy manner by adhering to legal regulations, especially the road traffic regulations. It is forbidden to cycle off beaten tracks and the rental object is to be used for the intended purpose only.
2.3. The rental object may be ridden only by the respective hirer and must not be transferred to third parties.
2.4. Without the written consent of the Renting Company, the rental object may not be used in competitions, in commercial traffic, for cycling to foreign countries or for illegal purposes.
2.5. One rental day includes the period from 9 am to 5 pm on one calendar day; it is not a 24-hour period.
2.6. The rental bicycles will not be issued on the evening prior to the rental day and returning the bicycles on the day after the rental day is also excluded!
3. Obligations of the Customer/Renting Company
3.1. The customer commits to caring for the rental object and to adhere to technical rules. Furthermore, he commits to storing the rental object in a safe place and to locking the bike. After 10 pm the rental object has to be stored in a closed off room.
3.2. An extension of the rental contract is only possible with the consent of the Renting Company and before the running rental contract expires. The Renting Company can refuse the extension request without providing reasons.
3.3. The customer commits to informing the Renting Company about any faults arising on the rental object during the contract period.
3.4. If, during the rental period, an electronic defect (please consult the workshop for operating errors) occurs on the rental object, which cannot be rectified, the hirer may claim a replacement bike or the reimbursement of the rental price, if all the bikes have been rented out. This is excluded, if the hirer has caused the defect (e.g. by dropping).
3.5. A binding reservation is possible directly at the resort (including payment), by booking online in the Online Shop or by making an advance payment of 100% of the rental price per rental object. The rental objects are reserved for a maximum of 30 minutes after the agreed appointment. The deposit will not be refunded in case of no-show.
3.6. The customer is responsible for insurance. By signing the contract, the customer declares that he has sufficient insurance to cover the risk that cycling bears.
3.7. The use of the rental helmets, which are provided for free, occurs on a voluntary basis and at the user's own risk. The Renting Company does not assume liability in this regard.
3.8. Rental objects without lighting system may not be used in darkness or twilight.
4. Repair works
4.1. A defective rental object always has to be returned to the pick-up/return station. Any pick-up service used is subject to a charge. Refunds shall be made solely for electronic defects, which have not been caused by the hirer (see 3.4.).
4.2. If the damage is caused through improper handling of the rental object or by fault of the customer, the customer has to carry the repair costs.
4.3. In case of loss or damage of the e-bike key for battery and lock, a fee of 25 Euro is charged.
5.1. The customer is obliged to inform the Renting Company immediately, if the rental object has been as involved in an accident or if it was stolen. In case of accident the customer has to present a detailed written accident report with accident sketch to the Renting Company. The accident report has to include the name and address of the persons involved, of possible witnesses, and the registration plate numbers of any cars that might have been involved.
5.2. In case of theft the customer has to report the theft to the police immediately. The Renting Company has to be informed of which police station and the theft number. The customer is responsible for any arising costs. The current market value of the rental object will be charged.
6.1. The equipment owner shall be liable only in case of gross negligence.
6.2. The customer has to return the rental object in the same condition as it was handed over at the start of the rental contract.
6.3. The customer assumes liability for culpable damage to the rental object and for breach of contractual obligations. In this case, the customer will also be charged for incidental damage costs.
6.4. If a third party compensates the Renting Company for the damage caused, the customer is released from any liability for compensation to the Renting Company.
7. Return of rental objects
7.1. The customer has to return the rental object to the pick-up station of the Renting Company by the end of the contract term.
7.2. An extension of the contract period requires the consent of the Renting Company before the running rental contract expires.
7.3. If the rental object is not returned punctually, the customer will be charged the daily rental fee for each started day, and, if applicable, also for any other financial damage that might arise.
7.4. The Renting Company has the right to claim for any faults that were caused by the customer, up to 3 working days after returning the rental object.
7.5. The rental object and any associated accessories must be returned at the place of issue. Otherwise a fixed-rate transport charge of a minimum of €10.00 per bike is estimated, if the return location is one of our rental stations. If the rental object is left at another location, the costs incurred for engaging a transport company shall be charged directly to the hirer.
7.6. Even if the rental object is returned early, no refund shall be made and the payment shall remain with the renting company. Rental time not used shall not be refunded.
8. Special rent conditions for e-bikes
8.1. E-bikes are rented to persons from 16 years only.
8.2. If the rent duration is more than one day, the customer has to recharge the e-bike battery over night for about 4 hours in order to guarantee operation of the bike on the following day. For this purpose, in case of a rent duration of more than one day, the customer receives a charging station without any surcharge.
9. Trailers for children
9.1. The minimum age for cycling a bike with trailer is 16 years. Only children aged 2 to 6 may be transported in a trailer (maximum load capacity needs to be respected). The renting company accepts no liability for the transport. The transport of animals of any kind whatsoever is not permitted.
10.1 Reservations become valid on receipt of the amount stated on the invoice. If a reservation is not paid in advance, the dealer shall be entitled<strong/> to rent out the bicycle to other customers.
10.2 Reservations for several days shall be cancelled, if the rental object is not collected on the first day of the reservation.
11. Cancellations of online bookings, reservations by bank transfer or paid at the resort
11.1 A reservation may be cancelled under the following conditions:
- For cancellations 15 days in advance refund of the rental deposit paid, less a processing fee of 5%
- For cancellations 14-7 days in advance refund of 50% of the rental deposit paid
- For cancellations 6-2 (= 48 hours) days in advance refund of 25% of the rental deposit paid
- For later cancellations no refund of the rental deposit paid
- Bei Stornierung wegen Verletzung oder Krankheit des Mieters vor Mietbeginn erfolgt unter der Voraussetzung der Vorlage eines ärztlichen Attests eine Erstattung der Mietgebühr für die verletzten/erkrankte Person abzgl. einer Bearbeitungsgebühr von 10% der Mietkaution bzgl. mindestens € 5,00.
Reservations must be cancelled in writing by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
11.2 For cancellation on the first day of rental all advance payments made are forfeit. Even in the event of return earlier than agreed, the hirer has no claim to reimbursement.
11.3 On presentation of a medical certificate the fees already paid for any subsequent days shall be refunded. This applies only to injured or ill persons.
12.1. A minimum of ten or more persons is considered a group.
12.2. Separate cancellation conditions apply to group reservations.
12.3. Reservations become binding on the bank transfer of the sum stated in the invoice, to a minimum, however, of an advance payment of 50% of the total amount. The deposit has to be paid to our account 14 days prior to the start of the rental contract. Amendments with respect to the bank transfer and deposit require the agreement of the renting company. In the event of non-payment of the deposit, the renting company is entitled to rent out the rental objects to other customers.
12.4. The balance of the total rental deposit must be paid on handover of the rental objects.
13. Cancellation conditions for groups
13.1. In the case of cancellation of the entire booking up to on week in advance we charge 10% of the total rental costs as a cancellation fee. Cancellation must be declared in writing to email@example.com.
13.2. In the case of later cancellation within this period, the deposit paid shall be retained by the renting company.
14.1. The rental price must be paid in full by the hirer on handover of the rental object.
14.2. A deposit or a personal document must be lodged on the issue of every rental object. This must be implemented by the respective employees in the rental stations. If the rental object is returned to the original rental station without damage, the deposit will be refunded. If you return the rental object at a different rental station, the deposit will be retained as a transport fee. If the renting party causes damage to the material, the deposit will be retained as advance payment for the repair costs.
14.3. Additional agreements have not been made; changes and additions to the contract have to occur in writing. This is also valid for this stipulation.
14.4. If individual provisions of the contract should be or become invalid, the validity of the remaining provisions shall not be affected thereby.
SKI RENTAL HIRT
1. The reservation order becomes valid with the receipt of a booking confirmation.
2. The reservation is valid until end of business on the first day of reservation. After this period the validity of the reservation expires. Should you for any reason whatsoever be unable to take up the reservation, we refund to you any advance payment made up to the date prior to the start of reservation less a processing fee of 5% of the rental price for the reservation (however, to a minimum processing fee of €5.00). From the 1st day of the rental period the deposit will not be refunded.
3. The rental contract is established between the customer and respective INTERSPORT HIRT branch (Shop) where the customer picks up and returns the equipment, once the customer pays the entire rental fee. The rental equipment will not be handed out before the full amount of the rental fee has been paid. By way of exception, the Renting Company may derogate from this condition and for example consider the handing out of the equipment as the establishment of the rental contract. If the contracting parties expressly agree on a different condition, the condition agreed this way will exceptionally apply.
4. The rental fee is valid for consecutive days only.
5. The obligation to pay the rental fee remains intact also in case of force majeure or bad weather conditions.
6. If the customer gets injured or ill during the rental duration, upon presentation of a medical cert and immediate return of the rental equipment, the rental fee from the moment of when the medical cert was issued will be refunded.
No refund for the unused period of the payment made shall be made in the event of early return within the rental period.
8. It is forbidden to pass the rental equipment on to third parties.
9. A security deposit is required for the rental of sports equipment. This may be a passport, a credit card slip or cash. The provision of security is not valid as a possible purchasing price for the equipment.
10. In general, the rental equipment is not insured against damage and theft. In the event of damage, including breakage or theft, a retention amount has to be paid as follows:
a. for Basic Classs bookings: SKI € 195.- BOOTS € 100.-
b. for VIP Class bookings: SKI € 250.- BOOTS € 150.-
c. for Exclusive Class bookings: SKI € 350.- BOOTS € 200.-
d. for Junior or Bambini bookings: SKI € 90.- BOOTS € 50.-
In the event of theft, evidence of a police report is to be provided.
In the event of deliberate damage, the customer has to pay the repair costs. If it is impossible to repair the equipment, the customer has to pay the current market value of the product.
11. Rental reservations taken after 4 pm, will be charged starting from the following calendar day. If the rental equipment is returned before 10 am, the current day will not be charged.
12. Ski boots are adjusted to the bindings; in case of rental equipment based on the safety regulation ISO 11088. When handing over the rental equipment, a special safety check and adjustment based on the ISO-/ÖNORM is however not done.
13. The Renting Company does not assume liability for accidents. In particular, the Renting Company is not liable for damage arising from incorrect or misleading information provided by the customer, especially in connection with the adjustment of ski bindings.
Place of jurisdiction, place of fulfilment and governing law
Place of fulfilment is the central headquarter of the Ski School/the Ski Rental. Place of jurisdiction for any disputes will be the competent court at the central headquarters of the Ski School/the Ski Rental. German law applies. The contract language is German.
EGON HIRT SKI SCHOOL
If a group should be reduced to less than 5 participants for any reason, we reserve the right to assign you to another group or to reduce the number of lessons.
Private lessons have to be cancelled one day in advance, otherwise the full course price will be charged.
The rates apply to ski and snowboard courses and to all age groups.
Please indicate your current skills at the point of booking.
Meeting time is always 15 minutes prior to course start.
Several day courses are held only on consecutive days. Course extensions may be booked until 4.30 pm of the day before, and are only possible on consecutive days.
The course tickets of the Snow Sports School are not transferable.
Maximum course duration is 6 days; after this a new course starts.
Changes of instructors are possible due to our flexible organisation.
In general, lessons take place in any weather. Booked lessons/courses may only be cancelled if the lifts and cable cars do not operate, and it is therefore impossible to ski or snowboard.
Course fees are valid for the course with instructor; lift fees and equipment costs are not included, except if stated otherwise.
We do not assume any liability for accidents occurring during or before lessons, nor for resulting consequences. It is the responsibility of course participants to take out accident and liability insurance.
Bookings may be cancelled up to 48 hours prior to course start; a handling fee of 10%, and a minimum of 5 Euro will be charged.
Refund of the course fee due to injury or illness only upon presentation of a medical cert. A handling fee of 10%, and a minimum of 5 Euro will be charged. Only unused days (difference) will be refunded.
You can apply for refund payments in the shop and at the rental stations.
If you wish to have the refund transferred by bank transfer, the bank details have to be supplied by e-mail.
All deliveries and services of the Ski School made by online order via the internet and all other online services are subject to these Terms & Conditions.
Content of the Online Offer
The Ski School and the Ski Rental of Sporthaus Ski-Hirt GmbH & Co. KG and the Snow Sports School Egon Hirt do not assume any liability for the correctness, completeness or quality of the information provided, nor do we guarantee that all the information is up-to-date. Liability claims against the author, concerning damage of idealistic or of a material kind, which was caused by the use or non-use of the presented information and/or by the use of incorrect and incomplete information, are in principle impossible, insofar as a non-deliberate or roughly negligent fault can be proved on the part of the author.<br/> All offers are subject to change and are non-binding. The author expressly retains the right to amend, supplement, delete or discontinue the publication, temporarily or permanently, of parts of the pages or the entire offerings without special notice having been given.